all articles on this page are © Matthew A. C. Newsome unless otherwise noted
- Has the Tomb of Jesus Been Found?
- Examining the claims made by The Lost Tomb of Jesus
- Refuting the Irrefutable
- Answering questions that Catholics supposedly can't answer
- Jack Chick: The Attack
- An in depth look at one of the Chick tracts, dealing with the so-called "Apocrypha."
- Awake From Your Slumber
- A review of The Passion of the Christ
- A Man For No Season
- Commentary on the new film, Luther
- The Forbidden Book?
- A letter written in response to historic errors made on the web site for the exhibit "Dead Sea Scrolls to Forbidden Book" relating to the hisotry of the Bible in English.
- Defending Our
- A letter written in response to an anti-Catholic editorial cartoon classing priests with terrorists and viruses.
- St. Peter &
- Eight questions about the papacy
- 2 Peter and the Private Interpretation of Scripture
- A look at Peter's teachings about the scriptures in 2 Peter.
- Losing the Trail
- A Trail of Lies: A Catholic response to "The Trail of Blood"
- How Long Can "Tolerance" Be Tolerated?
- Tolerance today is treated as a virtue for its own sake, and many claim Christianity to be an intolerant religion.
- An open letter to "Dokimos," an anti-Catholic organization
- I signed the guest book of an anti-Catholic web site, and received a response attacking the Church. This is my reply, in defense of Catholicism.
- Another letter
to "Dokimos," the saga continues
- Expressing the Catholic truth about various issues, such as the Assumption of Mary, the false doctrine of Sola Scriptura, and the necessity of faith and good works. I also correct some misconceptions about the history of the Bible, the belief in the Real Presence, the Inquisition, witch trials, and much more.
- A Catholic response
to Jerry Falwell
- Including a defense of the papacy, the devotion to Mary and her perpetual virginity, and the "Apocryphal" books of the Scriptures.
- Transubstantiation and the Asheville Citizen-Times
- A reply to an anti-Catholic guest commentary that appeared in the Asheville (NC) paper during the Christmas season.
- The Church Makes an Easy Target
- An editorial submitted to the Ashville C-T after a string of anti-Catholic letters were published.
- Objections: an open letter to David Cloud
- questioning his objections to Fundamentalists and Evangelicals adopting 'Catholic' forms of spirituality, such as the Liturgy of the Hours and the Rosary.
- Letters to the Editor
- letters to the editor as a way of evangelizing the media.
- Sticks and Stones
- responding to an attack on the papacy.